Our vision: ActionAid has a vision of a just, fair and sustainable world, in which everyone enjoys the right to a dignified life and freedom from poverty and oppression.
Our mission: our mission is to achieve social justice, equality and eradicate poverty by working with people living in conditions of poverty and exclusion, their communities, organisations, social movements and their supporters.
Values drive what we believe in and are the principles through which we make decisions. The values we have chosen are the guide we have given ourselves:
- Mutual respect: AA Switzerland believes in the equal dignity of all men and women and in the value of diversity;
- Fairness and justice: AA Switzerland wants to ensure the implementation of its vision for everyone, irrespective of gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, race, ethnicity, caste, class, age , HIV status, disability, origins or religion;
- Integrity: The aim of AA Switzerland is to be honest, transparent and accountable at all levels, in order to ensure the effectiveness of its actions and of the use of its resources; AA Switzerland also aims to be open in its judgments and its communications with others;
- Solidarity with people living in poverty and exclusion: AA Switzerland recognises solidarity as an essential pillar in the fight against poverty, injustice and gender inequality;
- Courage of its convictions: it requires us to be creative and radical, bold and innovative in the pursuit of the greatest possible impact on the causes of poverty, injustice and gender inequality;
- Independence: AA Switzerland intends to remain independent of political, religious or other affiliations;
- Humility: AA Switzerland is an interface that is ready to listen and is aware of being part of a greater alliance of forces struggling together to defeat poverty.
The new 2018-2028 strategy: Action for Global Justice
"Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, it is an act of justice"- Nelson Mandela
In its new 10-year strategy called "Strategy 2028: Action For Global Justice", ActionAid is committed globally to strengthening social justice, eradicating poverty and promoting gender equality, working with the most vulnerable and marginalised communities and with organisations, activists, social movements and supporters.
To achieve these objectives, ActionAid is committed to the redistribution of power and resources, the strengthening of the resilience of communities and social movements and the defence of the rights of people living in situations of exclusion.